College Student Application
Who can apply?
- Applicant must be a Walpole resident or a student from the METCO program who graduated from Walpole HS and must be enrolled in a full time program leading to a certificate, associate, or baccalaureate degree. Graduate programs are not funded by the Walpole Scholarship Foundation.
- Students who attend United States Service Academies are not eligible for a WSF award.
- Students may only be awarded a WSF scholarship for 4 years. If you are in a 5 year college (or post-secondary program leading to a degree or certificate), you may not receive funds for your 5th year if you have received them for the previous 4 years. If you have received a WSF award for less than 4 years, you may apply to WSF for your 5th year of college (post-secondary program).
- Scholarship monies are paid in December to only those students who are matriculated in a valid program. If you are graduating in June or December 2021, you are not eligible to apply.
How to apply?
- You will be required to fill out an application, write an essay, and upload the following: a copy of your transcript and specified sections of the FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR). All financial information will be confidential.
- We strongly recommend that you do not wait until the deadline date to electronically submit the application. Applications that are not fully submitted by the deadline will not be accepted. Technical difficulties in uploading documents or in the final submission steps will not be grounds for an extension.
- See the WSF website (walpolescholarshipfoundation.org) for application checklists and detailed instructions for the FAFSA SAR.
How are the awards determined? When will we notify you?
- Scholarships are awarded based on financial need, academic merit, extracurricular activities (including community service and work experience), and personal qualities.
- Only completed applications received by the deadline will be reviewed.
- All applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by mail in early June 2021.
Use the application checklist on our website to ensure that you have all the information at hand to complete the online application.