High School Student Application
Who can apply?
- Applicant must be a Walpole resident or a student from the METCO program graduating from Walpole HS enrolling in a full time program leading up to a certificate, associate or baccalaureate degree.
- Students who will be attending United States Service Academies are not eligible for a WSF award.
- Students entering a 5th year of high school (also referred to as a post-graduate or PG year) are not eligible for a WSF award.
- Students currently in a 5th year of high school and entering a college (post-secondary program) in the fall are eligible. These students will be evaluated along with the rest of the high school students.
How to apply?
- You will be required to fill out an application, write an essay, request copies of your transcript and letter of recommendation, and upload copies of your official SAT or ACT report and specified sections of the FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR). All financial information will be confidential
- We strongly recommend that you do not wait until the deadline date to electronically submit the application. Applications that are not fully submitted by the deadline will not be accepted. Technical difficulties in uploading documents or in the final submission steps will not be grounds for an extension.
- See the WSF website (walpolescholarshipfoundation.org) for application checklists and detailed instructions for the FAFSA SAR.
How are the awards determined? When will we notify you?
- Scholarships are awarded based on financial need, academic merit, extracurricular activities (including community service and work experience) and personal qualities.
- Only completed applications received by the deadline will be reviewed.
- All applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by mail in early June 2019.
Use the application checklist to help ensure that you have all the information at hand to complete the online application.